It wouldn’t be Austin if we weren’t looking for something unique to do. Try these events.
- Bubblepalooza. Who doesn’t love bubbles? This free event is all about making bubbles. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. June 3. The Long Center, 701 W. Riverside Drive. thelongcenter.org
- Bricks and Blocks Bonanza. We know you love to build things, and the Thinkery lets you do that. Plus enjoy free Hat Creek Burgers and Lick ice cream.6-9 p.m. June 3. $15. Thinkery, 1830 Simond Ave. thinkeryaustin.org
- International Mud Day. Why wouldn’t you want to celebrate all things mud? This year the Wildflower Center combines it with its free Nature Nights. 6-9 p.m. June 29, Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave. wildflower.org
- Austin Ice Cream Festival. Sure there’s chocolate and vanilla, but we bet there will be bacon flavor, too. 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 12. $15. Fiesta Gardens, 2101 Jesse E. Segovia St. austinicecreamfestival.com
- Celebrate all things pop culture. Barnes & Noble hosts Wonder Woman Day 10 a.m. June 3 in all of its stores and a special pop-culture story time July 29 with “Good Morning, Superman!,” “Be a Star, Wonder Woman,” and “Bedtime for Batman.” The library offers Captain Underpants and the Underwear Fair 2 p.m. June 5, Windsor Park Branch; 3 p.m. June 8, Southeast Branch; 2 p.m. June 15, Willie Mae Kirk Branch; 3:30 p.m. June 28, North Village Branch; and hosts a Power Rangers Glow Party 3:30 p.m. June 14, North Village Branch; 2 p.m. June 29, Willie Mae Kirk Branch; 2 p.m. July 17, Windsor Park Branch; 3 p.m. July 24, Howson Branch. Teen Summer Cosplay Camp at BookPeople is 1-3 p.m. June 21, June 23, July 19 and July 21. BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd. bookpeople.com