I know summer might feel far away, but it’s time to get those swim lessons on the schedule. The City of Austin Parks & Recreation Department’s swim class and swim team registration is open.
Remember, drowning doesn’t look like you might think it does. It’s silent. Read more about that and ways you can prevent drowning with my swim safety guide.
• Registration begins Monday, April 3, 2017 at 8 a.m. (10 a.m. for non-residents)
• Registrations are accepted online (www.austintexas.gov/parksonline), via fax (512-974-9344) or in-person (2818 San Gabriel St. Austin, TX 78705)
• Registrations are processed on a first-come, first serve basis
• Registration fees are due, in full, at the time of enrollment
• For more information on our swim teams and swim lesson schedules and level descriptions, please visit: www.austintexas.gov/swimming
If you can afford swim classes for your kid, consider making a donation for another child to take a class. The Statesman’s Swim Safe program helps do just that. To find out more about the program or to donate, go to community.statesman.com/swim_safe.php or email email@example.com.