Wallet Hub has a new survey out that compared the price of having a baby in different states as well as the quality of infant care.
Texas ranked 34th over all. The No. 1? Vermont. The worst? Mississippi.
Here are some rankings for Texas in some of the key statistics Wallet Hub looked at:
- 25th – Hospital Cesarean-Delivery Charges
- 29th – Hospital Conventional-Delivery Charges
- 16th – Average Annual Infant-Care Costs
- 24th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 30th – Rate of Low Birth-Weight
- 37th – Number of Midwives & OB-GYNs per Capita
- 40th – Number of Pediatricians & Family Doctors per Capita
- 31st – Number of Child-Care Centers per Capita
- 23rd – ‘Parental Leave Policy’ Score