In honor of Curious George’s 75th birthday, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt has launched the Curious World Tour and it’s coming to Round Rock on Wednesday and Austin on Thursday. The tour brings these book-inspired things to kids.
- Curious World HQ: The Little Blue Truck with a giant map featuring videos of children saying “hello” in multiple languages, where adventure leaders will give children the opportunity to plan and document their Curious World Tour journey with a Curiosity Log.
- Story Camp: A tented library featuring characters like Curious George, Gossie and Gertie, and the Five Little Monkeys.It invites kids to relax on tree-trunk stools and open up their imagination for story time.
- Community Garden: An outdoor space for kids to engage in various food-learning exercises, such as planting their own seeds in a decorated pot that they can take home to water and watch grow.
- Space Station: An extraterrestrial area expanding kids’ minds, encouraging them to think beyond planet Earth with the opportunity to make alien puppets, build space shuttles and learn about constellations in rocket ship light brites.
- Jungle Jamboree: A play area with an open stage featuring special appearances by Curious George and others, where kids will learn about sound, rhythm and tunes on an interactive music wall.
- #SparkAMind Color the World: A collaborative mural to help kids express their artistic side and learn about team work as they color in their favorite characters alongside a local artist. Murals will be donated to education institutions and organizations that serve children and families in each local community.
- In each station, young learners will be able to experience for themselves the power of playful learning inside the Curious World App. This ever-growing library of learning videos, books and games for children ages 2-7, as well as inspiration for offline activities and tools for parents to be involved in their child’s learning journey. Learn more about Curious World Tour here.
During the stops, H
Find the tour Houghton Mifflin Harcourt will donate 7,000 books to BookSpring and 500 books to the Literacy Council of Williamson County.
3-8 p.m. Wednesday Round Rock
Sharon Hart Prete Main Street Plaza, 221 E. Main St.
11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday: Austin
Texas State Capitol, 1100 Congress Ave.